We will have a special meeting on Wednesday, January 22, with Michael Huber presenting “Photography 101”. The goal is to cover the basics of DSLR photography. He will discuss terms, settings, gear, composition and light as well as post processing options. Those who attend will leave with a basic understanding of digital photography, both the technical and most importantly, the craft associated with it. Participants who would like help, should bring their gear to the meeting along with their camera manual. Michael is an award-winning photography and former president of the club.
TCACC Judging Class
The Camera Council has announced an upcoming judging class and is encouraging each camera club to select up to two individuals who are interested in becoming a salon judge and who meet the student qualifications described here:
Student qualifications: Demonstrated expertise in photography beyond the novice level, experience in submitting images for salon competition and must be nominated by a member camera club.
Additional details are as follows:
- The class is limited to 10 students
- Dates: Tuesdays – February 4, February 11 and February 18
- Time: 6 – 9PM
- Instructors: Darrell Tangen, Nancy Cox and John Anderson
- Location: Glen Lake Shores Condos
- 14301 Stewart Lane, Minnetonka
- Cost: $40 (refundable when requirements of the class are completed by the student)