Our year end party was a great success! Thanks to Don and Mary Johnson for welcoming us to their home and providing a sparkling and festive setting. My only wish is that I had a big enough appetite to sample and eat more of the great food! The evening ended with a slide presentation of the year end awards. Every year I am wowed by the quality of the work of our members. You can see the gallery of award-winning images here. And the awards slide show is below. It includes the comments of the judge for all the 1st place images.
I’ve been looking back on all that our club has accomplished this year and am thankful to my fellow members that helped make it possible. Not in any particular order, I am thankful for:
- Michael Huber, who did an informative demonstration showing how he creates his marvelous creative composites.
- Jeff Bucklew, who gave a presentation on wildlife photography. It inspired me to give it a try. He and Michael Huber also did their basics program, “Photography 101” again this year.
- Ted Johnston who arranged for our March speaker whose enthusiasm was contagious.
- Lori Moilanen, who came up with the idea of the club project that culminated in exhibits at Belwin Conservancy and the project exhibit at the Phipps. Lori was also instrumental in bringing great speakers to the club beginning in 2015 and until she retired to Washington state in October.
- Michael Waterman who gave a presentation on black and white conversions and for handling the judging of one of the N4C contests.
- Marianne Diericks who took on the N4C contests. She learned a lot of new things and she took to it like fish to water.
- Bryan Leonard and Troy Schmidt who scouted, shared locations and led group photo shoots.
- Bryan Leonard for undertaking the big task of salon coordinator. He not only did the job, but also implemented some behind the scenes improvements.
- Nick Warnken for making sure we always have enough water for our meeting breaks.
- Melissa Anderson for helping with the web site by posting galleries.
- Ken Krautbauer who has found opportunities for our members work to reach a wider audience by locating new venues for exhibits. He has also done all the “grunt work” that goes along with it.
- Betty Bryan, who has been our conscientious treasurer for the last two years.
- Amanda Bierbaum, Don and Janis Bock, Betty Bryan, Jill Krentz, Carol Menke and Dorothy Nordstrand for helping to pull off the member exhibit now showing at the Phipps.
- Mary Johnson who organized treats this year and for all the members who brought goodies for the meetings.
- Board members Amanda Bierbaum, Betty Bryan, Jeff Bucklew, Michael Huber, Ted Johnston, Ken Krautbauer, Jeff Nelson and Michael Waterman who attended meetings, contributed ideas and kept me on course with my feet on the ground.
- Candiss DelCastillo who helped out with publicity.
- For all the members who attended meetings or participated in group outings and voiced their appreciation.
My apologies if I left anyone out.