At our meeting on Wednesday, September 5, 6:30 pm, Kent Johnson of Midwest Imagery will give a presentation on Photoshop that will include some of his time-tested methods he uses in his workflow to make his images pop. Kent is a professional photographer who makes images of landscapes, wildlife and people. Kent’s fun and informative classes will help you learn to shoot and retouch like a pro. You can see his work here.
Before the presentation, Ken Wolter will share an experience regarding photographers rights. And then, (drum roll) Richard Hudson will reveal the winners of the Scavenger Hunt that was held in July. The scavenger hunt gallery is here: Members who participated each chose their favorites in each category to determine the winners.
Other September News
- According to our Facebook Group, a number of us are planning to attend the 1:00 pm rodeo at UW River Falls on September 8.
- Chuck and Sue Oberstar will be attending the N4C Convention in Dubuque, Iowa, beginning on September 13. Hopefully, they will be bringing back some awards for our club in N4C’s “Best of the Best” year-end competition.
- Craig Blacklock will be a prominent exhibitor in the Phipp’s “Heart of the River: Celebrating the First 50 Years of the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway” exhibit. The exhibit begins on September 14 and on September 15 at 1:00 pm, Craig will be giving a presentation in the Black Box Theater. More information on that soon.
- September 22 is the Free Interstate Photo Day hosted by the St. Croix Valley Photo Club. See this post for more information.
The Club Calendar
How often do you visit our calendar page? It is the most up to date listing of what is happening in the club. Recently, I’ve added a couple of great events.!
- Thanks for the generosity of Mike Chrun, president of the St. Croix Valley Camera Club, we have been invited to participate in their outing on October 21 to the Little Log House Pioneer Villlage.
- Thanks for the persistence of Carl Wegener, Valerie Jardin, internationally acclaimed street photographer, will be at our November 7 meeting.