Belwin Conservancy News
Four of us participated in the Bison Buggy Ride at Belwin Conservancy last Thursday evening. This opportunity was extended to our club members so that a new outdoor exhibit next year would feature photos of the bison who call the prairie their home during the summer months. The shooting far exceeded my expectations and aside from that, it was wonderful just being there with the bison, Susan Haugh, our driver, and photo club friends.
Celebration of the 2018 Show and Partnership
- Lucy Winton Bell Athletic Fields
- Pinwheel Building
- Wednesday Aug 29, 5:30 – 6:30 pm
- The public and all members are invited to the celebration!
The buildings feature poster-sized prints of photos by our members. Let’s have a great turnout for the celebration!
Falcon Frontier Days Rodeo set for Sept. 7 and 8 at UW-River Falls
Willie Gorham sent me a notice last week about this opportunity. He is not able to attend this year but his shooting tip is to get down on the ground level. Last year Willie was awarded 1st Place for the Realistic category for our 2017 Year End. Members of our club will attend the 1 pm performance on Saturday, so plan on joining us.
- The public is invited to the 54th annual Falcon Frontier Days Rodeo on Friday and Saturday, 7 and 8, at the outdoor rodeo arena at the UWRF Campus Farm, 1475 S. Wasson Lane, on the corner of Wasson Lane and Cemetery Road in River Falls.
- There is a single performance Friday evening at 7 p.m. and two performances on Saturday at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. Food will be available for purchase at the concession stand.
- Tickets prices are $14 for adults, $12 for UWRF students, and $10 for children 5-12. Children age 4 and under are free. Tickets are available at the gate or online. More information here.
One last thing…
I expect the last chance to experience and photograph the Blooming Butterflies exhibit at Como Park will be on Labor Day. For more information see this blog post.