Happy New year to all! We hope you celebrated well and are ready to tackle the new opportunities and challenges of 2019.
Our first meeting of the year – January 2 – gives you the opportunity to:
- Pay your dues! Carl will be collecting cash or check. Annual dues are $35 for the first household member and an additional $10 for each additional family member in the same household.
- View club member presentations! Several club members have worked on projects throughout 2018 and will share their experiences with us. Consider committing to a project for 2019 and presenting in 2020. It can be a phenomenal opportunity to hone your skills, discover new inspiration and just have more fun with photography.
- Make your voice heard! We will be asking you to fill out a form so we can learn about your interests and ideas for the club! Please use this tool to help us make the club a better organization!
- Buy and sell new/old stuff! The second half of the meeting will include our Photo Gear Garage Sale! Dig through your old gear and find something you can part with. Be sure to include a price tag with your items.
We’ve received a donation of several books from a former member, Jim Kaul. Some of the books will be sold at the sale, and proceeds will be donated to Carl Wegener’s project, “RecycleYourCamera – For Kids.” Find out more about Carl’s project.
Other books will become part of our lending library, to be administered by Sue Oberstar. Thanks, Sue!
What’s coming up in 2019?
You can find out everything you need to know at our club calendar page.
A few items to note in the coming weeks include:
• Jan. 16 – Learn how to judge images for competition. Also: 5 p.m. is the deadline for February judged salon.
• Feb. 2, 5 p.m. – Deadline for Interclub competition – watch the website for rules and entry forms.
• Feb. 6 – Judged salon. Assignment: “Winter.”
• Feb. 20 – “Photography & the Law,” Michael Waterman.
See you at the January meeting!
Some images to inspire you in your winter wanderings. Stay warm!