Get Inside the Hive
- Date August 9 (Rain Date August 10 or August 11)
- Time: 6:00 pm
- 678 Edie Lane Hudson. Park on the road and walk to the house set in the woods about 100 yards from the road.
Bee There: Get out your macro lens (for the brave) or telephoto lens (for the timid) and see what life is like inside a beehive. You will come away with a new understanding of honey bees for sure. The bees always welcome visitors. Willie Gorham has been keeping honey bees for over 20 years and every year people he knows come for a visit, just to get inside the hive. If you have bee sting allergies let him know as he has a couple of extra bee suits one can wear.
Milky Way at Deer Park Cemetery
The Milky Way season will soon be over with the core slipping below the horizon by September.
- August 8-11 Dates are tentative as this is dependent on having clear night skies. We will go the first clear night.
- 2180-2188 WI Hwy 46, Deer Park – (about a mile south of Deer Park town center) Enter the cemetery on the north entrance, then turn off headlights.
- Arrive at 10:00 pm. Shooting will begin close to 10:30 pm
- Bring a tripod, wide angle (15-24mm) fast lens (f/2.8). Pre-focus your lens to infinity during daylight hours
- Bring warm clothes and a flashlight (red is best)
- Bring binoculars to see Andromeda in the northeast sky
I will bring three suitable lenses to share that have Canon EF mounts.
Please watch for more updates close to August 8 and August 9 for these two opportunities.
If you have any recommendations for a future outing please let me know.