The “Get Inside the Hive” outing will happen on August 9 and the best night for the Milky Way outing will be on Friday, August 10. See below for more information.
Get Inside the Hive
- Date August 9
- Time: 6:00 pm
- 678 Edie Lane Hudson. Park on the road and walk to the house set in the woods about 100 yards from the road.
Bee There: Get out your macro lens (for the brave) or telephoto lens (for the timid) and see what life is like inside a beehive. You will come away with a new understanding of honey bees for sure. The bees always welcome visitors. Willie Gorham has been keeping honey bees for over 20 years and every year people he knows come for a visit, just to get inside the hive. If you have bee sting allergies let him know as he has a couple of extra bee suits one can wear.
Milky Way at Deer Park Cemetery
The Milky Way season will soon be over with the core slipping below the horizon by September.
- Friday, August 10 wil be the best night!
- 2180-2188 WI Hwy 46, Deer Park – (about a mile south of Deer Park town center) Enter the cemetery on the north entrance, go around and park in the center driveway and then turn off your headlights. We will set up along the south driveway.
- Arrive by 10:00 pm. Shooting will begin close to 10:30 pm
- Bring a tripod, wide angle (15-24mm) fast lens (f/2.8). Pre-focus your lens to infinity during daylight hours
- Bring warm clothes and a flashlight (red is best)
- Bring binoculars to see Andromeda in the northeast sky
I will bring three suitable lenses to share that have Canon EF mounts.