Our first meeting of the year, January 4, 6:30 pm, will feature a discussion salon and we need your images! Please submit up to three (3) images, either digital or prints. These images will not be scored but will be the basis of an open discussion, which may include a new technique in capture or processing, or for general discussion and feedback. Or they could show a before and after processing. Short video clips will work also, so anything goes. Please send these in by Tuesday, January 3 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the same meeting, due to popular request, Michael Huber will demonstrate a few of the basics in creating a composite image. This is done by combining multiple photos to create one new image using Adobe Photoshop. Several tools discussed will be the use of layers, masks and brushes.
Consider entering photos for the N4C contests that are held each month. There are six digital categories: Black and White, Creative, Journalism, Nature, Pictorial, and Travel. The complete rules are here. All N4C deadlines are on the tenth of the month.
Our first competition salon will be at the February 1 meeting. The deadline for entry is Wednesday, January 11, 5:00 pm, and the assignment is leading lines. The club competition rules are here and all the assignments for 2017 are posted here.
Farewell to 2016
Fun Facts about 2016
- We had 18 Meetings with
- 10 Guest Speakers and
- 1 Hands-On Workshop
- 12 Monthly Member Photos at the Library
- 2 Exhibits
- Four Club Competition Salons with
- 5 Outside Judges
- 10 Photowalks
- We started our first ever Club Project, “Capture the Western Prairie” that will culminate in an exhibit at the Phipps in 2017
- We welcomed 38 new members and had
- 17,783 views on our website so far in 2016, with 4,729 visits. After the blog posts, the page most viewed was the Calendar
- 20 image galleries were added this year that featured 784 images – look around!
- Our club received 2nd Place in the TCACCC’s Interclub Club Competition and our members earned
- One first Place, 5 Awards, 7 Honorable Mentions and 29 acceptances in the Individual Competition
- We entered 46 N4C Contests and
- Judged 2 N4C Contests
- In those N4C contests we received 9 First Places, 7 Second Places, 5 Third Places and 35 Honorable Mentions, We also received 50 Merit Awards.
- At the N4C Year End we won 2 First Place, 1 Third Place, and 7 Honorable Mentions out of the 6 digital contests. We also received an Honorable Mention for our web site and one Honorable Mention for the annual Photo Essay (slide show) Contest.
- One 1st Place in a PSA Competition
- One Great Year End Party
Whew! No wonder 2016 seemed to go by so fast!