Minnesota State Capitol Photowalk
Some of the best things of taking part in a photowalk is to visit locations we may not get to on our own, get to know other members and to learn from each other.
- Sunday, August 13, 1:00 pm
- Meet at the Hudson Exit 2 Park & Ride at 12:30pm for carpooling or meet at the Capitol when it opens at 1:00 pm.
- 75 Rev Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55155
- Recommended equipment: tripod, remote shutter release, zoom lens and fisheye lens.
- Parking: Parking is no longer allowed in front of the building. Download a parking map here.
We will guide ourselves around the capitol building and photograph this amazing piece of architecture. Admission is free and 45-minute tours are given on the hour for a donation of $5.00. Tripods are welcome, but please make sure they have rubber feet as to avoid damage to the floors. Please be aware that they may be busy with tours and other visitors, so be careful to avoid tripping others with tripods, and safeguard your equipment.
Solar Eclipse Information from Bryan Leonard
In case you haven’t heard, a total solar eclipse will occur on Monday, August 21, 2017. The path of total darkness will start on the west coast in Oregon and move across the central Unites States to the east coast in South Carolina. Any spot along the path will be dark for 2-3 minutes. But, the entire continental U.S. may see the eclipse, even though it may be a partial eclipse. Hudson, WI will see an estimated 85% eclipse. Times for Hudson will be: Continue reading